Torchbearers Yamanakako is part of the Capernwray Missionary Fellowship of Torchbearers International, an international Christian missionary organization involved in Evangelism and Bible teaching. The work has developed to include Bible School and conference centers around the world. Find out more about the ministry of Torchbearers below!
Click here to learn more about this international ministry that began in the heart of a young Englishman, Ian Thomas, who came to understand that “it is no longer I, but Christ who lives in me.”
Torchbearers Yamanakako Mission Statement
Our mission is to proclaim the transforming presence of Jesus Christ through biblical teaching and practical training, equipping men and women for service in His Church worldwide.
God is the triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- The Lord Jesus Christ is God‘s Son being one with the Father. All things are created by Him and for Him.
- Through the action of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, He became man.
- He was without sin and, of His free will and by His sacrificial death upon the cross, He brought about salvation for this fallen world. He is the only mediator between God and man. By accepting His salvation through faith, man is justified from his sins and receives forgiveness and eternal life.
- Jesus Christ is risen bodily from the dead.
- Jesus Christ will return to deliver just judgement and to bring all things to completion.
- The Holy Spirit is God in unity with the Father and the Son.
- Through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ comes to dwell within those who accept Him through faith. Through the presence of the Holy Spirit, a person becomes a new creature and is being transformed into the likeness of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ adds those who believe in Him to His Body. This is His church on Earth, of which He is the Head.
- The Bible is, in its entirety, the revelation of God for mankind, inspired by the Holy Spirit.